Thursday, June 15, 2006

Visions of soccerballs dance in my head

See, now I'm happy again because I got to make friends! And Happy Birthday, Becky!
Last night was an incredible and once-in-a-blue-moon experience! I went to Munich's old Olympic Stadium with some girls I met from Cali, and we watched (with thousands of crazed fans) 2 World Cup games, one of which was actually happening less than a mile away between Lithuania and Saudi Arabia, and the other which was Germany vs. Poland! It was a BLAST. Big beers, big pretzels, big crowds and crazy German people hopped up on adrenaline and liquor... what every girl dreams of. Just kidding. But it really was a blast. I even got a victory kiss when Germany won the game with just one minute left. The subway home was an adventure in itself. German victory songs, fight songs, flags, painted faces (mine included!) and an overall jolly German time that later spilled onto the streets until all hours of the morning. I thank God they didn't lose.

This morning I took a walking tour of Munich and it was really a good one. My favorite line from our guide while we waited outside the church and people-watched is this: "I love children. They're just like little drunken midgets. They are! Aren't they, though?" After pondering this, I agree. They are.

No comments: