Saturday, February 07, 2009

Soon there will be rabid squirrels nesting in the engine.

Some of you may recall a time when I was in a hit-and-run accident, and if you don't and you're a regular reader of this blog, you may want to see a doctor because that incident occured two days ago.

Today I have a whole new story involving my dear old Treasure. I really thought that cars aged like people, that they just get ornery and lose all sense of style, and hate the cold and anything involving more youthful, naive cars. But my '95 Taurus seems to be the exception. It's like he's a teenager again, and I fully suspect he has become involved in gang and/or mob activity. I expect tomorrow I'll be showing you video of his chalk outline, but as of today, here's this:

Bad Car-ma from Debbie Thiegs on Vimeo.

The kicker? After discovering the windshield I walked to the front of the car to find a ticket. What kind of cop sees a smashed-in windshield and thinks "I think my next step here is to charge her for expired license tabs." A great cop, that's what kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Mercury in retrograde? (That would be the typical Boulder response to all the trouble you're having with your car...)

I just had to comment because I saw the title of your post and laughed. When living in South Boulder, I had a squirrel nesting in my engine. That guy bit through a bunch of wires while building a nest in my engine. According to the mechanic, the squirrels get a little jolt when they bite the wires...meaning that the squirrels were getting their fix under my hood. It cost me a lot of money and I have a lifelong loathing of the creatures now.

Phew. Thanks for letting me vent.