Tuesday, May 30, 2006

CT at night


Went last night to an American bar in Monorrosso. An AMERICAN BAR. Ironically, it's called "Fast." Ever wonder what those laid back Italians think of us?
While waiting for Mark, JD and Matty and Cara, the two girls from San Diego State that I also hung out with in Pompeii, I was approached by creepy foreigner #1: Maximo. He had good taste in music but the few things he didn't have going for him were that he was like 35 and that he asked me to join him on the patio while he smoked a cigarette which he then bummed off a stranger. I also made the mistake of telling him I was leaving on the last train into Manarola. When I was waiting for the train I saw him coming, so I went up to a random girl and asked if she would momentarily be my friend and explained why. She agreed immediately and I met yet another friend: Stephanie from Gonzaga University. Thank you, Stephanie!
Being alone, I keep thinking of conversations I wish I could have with the people I'm close to, but something tells me they'll come up again in life. Plus it gives me more of a chance to familiarize myself with all sorts of crazy-mixed-up keyboards, and who doesn't want that skill? You say you can speak 4 languages fluently? Yeah, well I can type 50 wpm on several foreign computers!

No comments: