Monday, June 19, 2006

06.18.06 - Debbie Does Dingle

The Irish do potatoes and they do them well. Today's lunch was a jacket potato with cheese. This is basically a baked potato with cheese that somehow is the best baked potato you've ever had (with the exception of maybe Famous Dave's).

I just got back from eating what I promised Dad I would: a yummy seafood dinner. It was fantastic!!! Wow, I discuss food a lot in these entries, huh? Well, I like it. I ate with 2 people from the U.S. who are biking Ireland. So cool! We found this pub by the sea with live Irish bands, and there I had my first Toucan Brew. For all you Guinness obsessors who are presently upset that I didn't have a Guinness Stout in its homeland, fear not. Toucan Brew is Guinness' rare and brand new product. It looks exactly the same, same frothy stuff, same color, but tastes a little lighter, which was great for me.

Tomorrow I head to Cork with Florian and the next day we're doing a tour of the Ring of Kerry. YAY!

No comments: