Saturday, June 03, 2006

Marseille

Okay, so they have cereal with chocolate in it. I'm not talking co-co puffs, I'm talking delicious bits of actual chocolate. And this is my breakfast. Not complaining.

Greg has driven me ALL over Marseille to some pretty awesome sights. We saw La Catedral Major, Old Charity, Palais du Pharo where Napolean III lived, Notre Dame de la Garde and some gorgeous views of Marseille. Oh, and I saw giant jellyfish and had a scary Eurotoilet experience, about which I will not go into detail.

Another day we took a boat around Cassis where the water is as aqua as it gets. It was so beautiful: a port town with protected beaches and bays of white rock, some of which built the Statue of Liberty. It was a bit windy, causing the waves to splash into the boat when we hit them. This one woman was all prepared, though. When it got hot, she zipped off the bottom part of her pants and voila, shorts! When it got splashy she pulled out a poncho. I just rolled up my pants and ... got splashed on.

After Cassis we drove to Castellet, a quaint French village in the rolling vineyards of Provence. So cute, or 'mignon' as they say here.

And the driving here ... oh, the driving. Greg keeps telling me we'll be alright and that he's used to it, which he is and we will, but sometimes it's scary. It's no Nicaragua, but let's just say that I think all Europeans drive tiny little cars for more reasons than just the environment. Tiny roads, tiny lanes ... Itty bitty parking spaces!

The wind has been crazy. C'est incroyable! Met another girl from Denver and the world keeps getting smaller.

And I have to again comment on Christine's cooking. It is freakin' amazing.

No comments: