Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You thought you'd seen the last of me, eh? EH???*

I've been debating making this blog a regular thing for a while now. I'm still debating it; we'll call this a test run. So ... how are things ... Right, I forgot you don't get a response from this unless you have friends who actually read your blog. I'll have to work on that.

Right now I'm in the bowels of one of life's transitional phases. Some call it the transition into "the real world." I'm going with quarter-life crisis. Join me on this adventure of sorts and we'll all get through this together. I promise. Not really, though; I can't promise something like that.

I'm currently awaiting word from a job I applied for that I'd truly love, hence my current state of unsuredness. Ah, and I left my heart in San Fran Europe. If anyone wants to go back, and you're willing to foot the bill, I am SO with you! But my oh my, I do miss it. On top of that, I'm in this mopey state of melancholy because I'm caught between a feeling of desire to return to my homeland 'o' lakes to re-instate myself as a local member of the Thiegs family, a feeling of anticipation to venture on to Chicago and be that city girl who walks down Michigan Ave in a stately manner wearing pointy-toed shoes and a sharp-looking suit, and a feeling of security at the prospect of staying here with my sweetie where the mountains beckon and the air is ... dry. Really dry.

They aren't easy to gather, these thoughts of mine.

On a lighter note, my beau pulled my hair with his toes last night. It was unintentional, I'm sure, because he was asleep. I was, too - until I woke up to my hair being pulled. Why his feet were where his head should have been is beyond me, but he says I yelled at him at some point for taking up too much room, which would logically lead to a 180 degree turn around. Then there's the potent question of why his unconscious mind decided to send its feet on a headhunt, quite literally. I'm thinking it's a tumbled mix of pent-up aggression with kinky undertones. Enough of that, now. This is too adult, even for me.

*I say "eh" a lot. It's not really intentional, and it's mostly in written form that I'm drawn to it. It may or may not be attributed to the fact that I'm from Minnesota, land 'o' long, drawn-out "A"-sounds. Either way- sorry if it annoys. It's just who I am, eh?

1 comment:

MDW said...

Um, I enjoy your blog. It acurately portrays this annoying thing called "growing up" and making a life in the world.