Wednesday, June 21, 2006

06.20.06- Ring of Kerry

Bus tours are the best. Today I took a 12-hour one from Cork all the way around the Ring of Kerry, which is all along this big peninsula on the West coast. Needless to say, it rocked my pants off. Except after this morning, I'm taking care to watch my pants very closely. See previous blog if you're confused right now.

The Ring of Kerry is stunning. Ireland is fantastic. Green. It's just SO MUCH GREENERY! It crawls across every stone, drapes itself off cliffs, clings to tree trunks, taking over the landscape and invading every crevice it can. Much of it looks tropical, especially with the ocean backdrop. But with the constant precipitation I've experienced here, save for tonight's breathtaking misty sunset, it's no wonder you couldn't start a forrest fire here if you brought in a dragon (which, by the way, would fit right in with the scenery).

Ireland is the perfect place for loners. With the gray and the mist and the drizzly rain, it's so fitting to go with that "I'm by myself" mood that it's almost like having a companion. Maybe that sounds depressing, but it's quite the opposite. It's relaxing and peaceful. Except when someone steals your pants.

Tomorrow I fly to London and then home on Thursday. I can't wait! So ready for home and people who know my name! And so ready to not have my pants taken in the wee hours of the morning. (still so confused by that).

No comments: