Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ooo! Ooo! My first "hate" comment!

This just in: a comment on my recent post on the news coverage of the case of the poisoned pet food from one who boldly declares him/herself "Anonymous":

"your just as bad making fun of the situation. your a journalist?? you should think about acting like one as your gonna gain credability for being an insensitive jerk!"

Oh, Anonymous, I would say I'm not so much a journalist as I just have a degree and some experience in print journalism. But either way, you've certainly beckoned the grammar Nazi in me with your comment. And oh, dear, yes, it's sad to learn that even people who write and like current events have a soft spot for cracking jokes at tragic situations. Goodness, looking back I think I do deserve a swift kick in the rear. What, had I simply made fun of something more menial - like, say, genocide in Darfur - then maybe you'd not be so upset.
The thing is, Anonymous, if you'd read the entry carefully, you might have noticed that I was not making fun of cats and puppies gulping down lethal doses of rat poison, but instead was highlighting the absurd news coverage given to it by Fox.
If it helps dampen the shock, I'll let you in on a little secret: I like animals very much ...


... but only the ones smart enough to not eat rat poison.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of an episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel break up for the second time:
AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, Y-O-U- APOSTROPHE-RE MEANS YOU ARE. Y-O-U-R MEANS YOUR!!!!
I think anonymous is just angry because he/she clearly does not have a working comprehension of the English language and ate some tainted pet food thinking it was made for humans.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a certain WHS class of 1996 shirt...I think it went something like "I'm a senior and your not..." I think you should start looking for your hater by seeing who graduated then...aka, your sister(or was she a year earlier?), my brother, and Mr. Soma.

Debbie Thiegs said...

Good recommendation, Brownie, but I'm pretty sure Anon is still in high school. Although perhaps he/she was a senior in '96 as well. Just couldn't hack Ms. Buikema's grammar trees ...